Post by Bobo The Bard on Feb 1, 2012 4:43:34 GMT -5
Copying over the original suggestions from Traci-jo's blog.
1. A graphic design including a bird of some sort. Think bright, bold colors and lines.
2. Draw a lonely, hidden creek at the season and time of day of your choice.
3. Draw a space scene. Suggestions: a planet forming, a star being born, a supernova, a comet, asteroids, etc.
4. Contrast beauty and destruction
5. Draw love, either a symbol of it or it expressed between two people
6. Take a short word, a number, or even a single letter, and draw it artistically on the page, decorating it, like the illuminations of letters in old manuscripts.
7. "The angel on my shoulder is haunting me tonight."
8. "They’ve been dreading this moment all summer long."
9. Draw your representation of someone you know. Ex: A beautiful sunset, a huge pyramid, a single rose, ect.
10. Think of something that cheered you up when you were down. Now draw that in your point of view.
11. Draw a line across your paper. This is your horizon. Pick a simple object - blades of grass, rocks, sand dunes in the desert, a cylindrical or rectangular building, whatever. Now repeat this object from the foreground to the background. Exercise in perspective and evoking a sense of distance. ReplyDelete
12. Draw a simple pen and ink comic character of a mythical creature.